Saturday, November 02, 2019

Preface To In The Dark: Moving, Day II

"In The Dark" is the theme of this week's Self Help Radio.  More about that tomorrow.

We woke very early, we packed, we retrieved a U-Haul (not without complications), & we paid two men to carry our things from a rental house to our new house, which was about (let me check Google Maps) one-fifth of a mile, which would be what? A little over a thousand feet?

Still, it's good I didn't have to do all that lifting.  What little I did do in packing up my shit I will pay for in the morning.

We're here!  We have some things still at the rental - we didn't clean out the fridge, for example, which wasn't my decision, it was the wife's, she plans to get all that tomorrow.  I think I have a few shirts over there too.

There wasn't any sadness leaving the place, although our eldest dog isn't terribly happy.  His old age makes his dislike change.  One of our cats as well is not happy - I'm sure putting her in a cage to bring her over made her relive some of the trauma of the four-day trip from Texas to here.  She came out briefly to eat a little, but has hidden in a back closet for most of the time she's been here.

But I do think I'll like this place.  It's cozy.  I have unpacked & shelved about half my CDs.  & hooray, the internet is on!  & there was excellent vegan pizza tonight.  So now I hope to sleep let me see about nine hours.

Oh shit!  I have to do a radio show on Monday!  Okay, make that six hours.  I'll also want to walk the dogs.

No comments: