Friday, January 24, 2020

Swoon

That's a nice word, isn't it?  I was thinking if someone asked me what my reaction to Picard was, I'd say, "I swooned."

It seems like a word I'd use a lot, but I actually have only used it twice before on this blog.

The first time was when I found out Leonard Cohen died.  It was in a memory about seeing Leonard Cohen live in concert, & how my girlfriend at the time reacted to the women there who were much older than we were obviously lovestruck by LC.  I wrote, Lauren remarked about how strange it was that there were all these women her mother's age who were swooning like teenagers over the Beatles.

That was in 2016.  It's hard to believe he's been gone that long.  But for me - not to be disrespectful to Leonard Cohen - I am surprised that it took me that long to use the word swoon.

Besides today, the only other time I've used the word "swoon" was when I played a song on a show with the theme the color green by Prefab Sprout from their album entitled Swoon.

Really, Gary?  That few "swoons"?  I gotta do better than that.

Or maybe I don't swoon as much as I think I do?

No comments: