Friday, July 10, 2020

Getting Ahead Of Myself

Here's something you might not know: next week's Self Help Radio is done.

What does that mean?  Well, to facilitate the placement of shows on Freeform's schedule - all the current shows are prerecorded - the powers-that-be asked that they be turned in three days (72 hours) in advance for reviewers to make sure that they have proper legal IDs & they don't have naughty words (if they're on during the day).  I have no problem with this.  & so next week's Self Help Radio was finished this morning around 7am.  It was due at 8am.  I am completely incapable of doing anything until the last possible minute.

The point is, this morning I recorded my final airbreak for the show in which I mentioned that the theme of the next show (on July 20) has the theme "one thousand."  & I thought, as I was recording the airbreak, did I do that because that will be Self Help Radio's one-thousandth show?  Could it actually be?

Because that wasn't my intention choosing that theme.  Still.  Wouldn't it be weird if that were the case?  Tonight, I did a little digging.

Using the themes page at the website, I tried to count the number of episodes of Self Help Radio I have done.  Remember, I've done the show since 2002.  Did the number come to one thousand?

Suspense.  Suspense.  Suspense.

No, it did not.  A rough estimate is around nine hundred shows.  You may be like, "Dude, you've been on since 2002, you have have a thousand shows by now, bra!"

But should I?  The show's been on for eighteen years, & averaging one show a week for that time, the number should be - this would be in October - 936.  & I know I haven't done a show every week without pause for eighteen years.

My subconscious was not telling me there were one thousand episodes of Self Help Radio.  That won't happen for a couple of years.  I wonder what nonsensical theme will be explored in spite of that momentous occasion?

No comments: