Monday, November 30, 2020

Whither Magda's Birthday Show 2020

(Image from here.)

Every year, on or near (before, not after) my wife's birthday, I make a birthday show for her.  Mostly it's songs about birthdays, birthday songs.  The show has been around for about eighteen years; I've made birthday shows for her for sixteen of those years.  I can't explain two of those years.  I'm surprised she forgave me.

One of the things I try to do for the shows is never play the same recording twice.  So, for example, I may play the Beatles' "Birthday" - & I have - but I've only played the version on The White Album once.  I've played covers of the song a lot - on almost every show, probably - but only that recording once.  Unless.

Last year I did a kind of "best of" & replayed some birthday songs from previous episodes.  But I'm not going to do that this time around.  & I have three hours to fill up!

If you're curious about all the songs I've played, you can look at all the playlists here.  You'll have to click through.  They're not in a list or anything.

Tonight - or tomorrow morning - at midnight on 90.7 fm KBOO Portland - & online at kboo.fm - you can hear the 2020 version of my birthday show for my wife.  Whose name is Magda.  It's on for three long hours, midnight to 3am.  Guests abound!  Merriment & fun!  She'll probably be asleep though.  It's very late at night.

No comments: