Sunday, November 29, 2020

Preface To Magda's Birthday Show 2020: Three Hours Of Birthday Songs

This year, because Self Help Radio is now three hours long (what have I done to deserve this) I had to find lots more birthday songs than usual.  Last year I decided to reach back into the past & play birthday songs I already played & also birthday interviews & bits I had already made.  Not so this year!

Three hours of birthday songs.  Something I always say in these posts is some variation of "there aren't as many birthday songs as there are Christmas songs but the ratio of good to bad birthday songs is really quite close to the ratio of good to bad Christmas songs."  I do in fact have a folder filled with nearly two hundred birthdays songs which I don't find awful but don't know if I'd play them on a birthday show.

Three hours of birthday songs.  If I drop those songs into iTunes, it tells me that that's over eleven hours of music.  Of, nearly four episodes of Self Help Radio.  Since every episode is three hours long.

Three hours of birthday songs.  & that doesn't even count a bunch of songs I have that mention birthdays but aren't really about birthdays.  I have a few of those.  Also I have songs I've collected from this year which I haven't listened to yet.  Which I probably won't get to listen to because I have to start putting the show together now!  Hours ago!  Days ago!

Three hours of birthday songs.  Holy shit.  Three hours of birthday songs.  I certainly hope my wife appreciates it.  Oh wait.  She'll sleep through it.  But then why do I...?

Oh why do I do anything.

No comments: