Monday, November 16, 2020

Whither Unknown?

(Image from here.)

Just to make it clear, the theme of the show is "unknown."  I know for a fact the theme is "unknown."  It's not unknown.  I know it, you know it.  I'm not saying I don't know what the theme of the show is, that it's unknown; I'm saying rather that I know the theme of the show & that theme is "unknown."

At this point I'd love to stop using quotation marks to identify the show's theme.  You know what?  I probably should have said the theme was "the unknown."  Damn it!  Why do I always think about these things too late?  I wish I knew.

Anyway, the middle of the night is a pretty good time to explore unknown things & yes, the unknown, don't you find?  It seems less likely you'll know things when it's so dark outside.  Perhaps that's why the show will have as a theme "the unknown"?  Damn it!  I wanted to stop using quotation marks!  Unknown!  The unknown!  No more "quotation marks"!

Arrgh!

You can listen to the show tonight/tomorrow morning at midnight.  Midnight happens at night because night is in its name but for some reason after midnight is considered morning, so let's just say Tuesday from midnight to 3am.  If you're reading this Monday the 16th of November 2020, it's midnight tonight.  If that's clear.

It's happening on 90.7 fm KBOO here in Portland, & you can listen online as well at kboo.fm.

What will happen?  Unknown.  Will you learn what it is if you listen?  Yes, but it'll still be unknown.

2 comments:

robotcat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robotcat said...


Here's a few links related to the videos I watched for the C.H.U.C.K. segment:

twitter thread: https://twitter.com/robotmonkeycat/status/1324587338127810562?s=20

letterboxd reviews: https://letterboxd.com/robotcat/tag/shr-unknown/reviews/
(not up to date, yet)

youtube playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2NHRFDvuiYTKCmyj1zySNvQEa9KNfk19