Friday, February 05, 2021

Supposed To Do That Places I Used To Live Thing But Tired

It's late Friday.  Had Indian food & a donut for dinner.  Just watched Bill Maher.  Am quite tired.  Want to sleep & wake up early because I have a show to put together.  The show's not live anymore, I wonder if I've mentioned that.  I need it in by midnight tomorrow.  I live tweet the show, though, so I am there live.  I also record the show as if it's live.  Anyway, the next place I've lived I think is my favorite.  I want time to write properly about it.  & I won't have that time tonight or probably even tomorrow.  Being tired is a fascinating feeling.  It's kind of a helpless feeling, really.  & when I get into bed I can't fall asleep right away no matter how tired I am.  I knew a girl once, we had sort of dated but remained friends, one of the men she was with after me, she was talking about him, maybe trying to make me jealous? Anyway, she told me that he would tell her, when they were in bed, "Good night," turn & immediately fall asleep. If she noticed any envy in my face it was that. Holy shit what an amazing superpower. I couldn't go to sleep immediately if my very life depended on it. Or the opposite. If someone said, "You know what? It doesn't matter if you fall asleep right away or not." My brain would be like, "Cool! I wonder what the zoning situation is in regards to alleys vis-a-vis homeless people parking old RVs in them." That was from today's nap. I set aside ninety minutes & managed to sleep probably 45. But then again I sometimes sleep without being aware I'm asleep, so that's unfair. Anyway, I am tired. My brain races when I'm tired. So this is what I'm going to write tonight. Sorry. I don't even know if I have the energy to find a picture of our old Fort Worth house. When the new owners have painted white. It's so strange. It's a brick house & they painted the bricks white. I can't bear to look at it. Time for sleeps now. Good night. If you check back in thirty, though, I'll probably still be awake.

No comments: