Monday, February 01, 2021

Whither Glow?

(Image from here.)

Quick! Name ten things that glow! I'll go too! Neon signs! Fireflies! Jellyfish (some, not all)! The moon! Sunset! Radioactive elements (not all but I believe plutonium does)! Disgusting liquids at a crime scene under UV rays in a police procedural! Glow sticks (duh)! A light bulb! Zinc sulfide (I looked that one up)!

Maybe it's hard to name things that glow but boy things that glow are neat.  I never had those glowing stars some kids' parents put in their bedrooms (which are made with zinc sulfide) but I envied them.  Hey!  Another thing that glows is a night lite! & Lite Brite!  Just let your mind sink into the glow & you'll realize we're surrounded by glowing things.  & how wonderful that is.

Which brings me (sorry) to tonight Self Help Radio, which has the theme "glow," & which will probably not glow in the dark from midnight to 3am (it's technically Tuesday morning but it feels like Monday night).  You can listen in Portland at 90.7 fm & everywhere online at kboo.fm.  It'll be much of the same thing but this time you can imagine it glowing!

No comments: