Friday, April 16, 2021

Lost In Paris


Here's a young(er), short-haired Gary looking at a guidebook waiting for a train in Paris. My beard is almost free of grey, which places it a decade or more ago.  In fact, it was January 2007.  The woman who would become my wife was doing research for her dissertation & had the opportunity to go to London & Paris, & since I had never been, I tagged along.

Actually, I did get lost on the Metro once, but luckily for me, I had been in subways before, so I knew I could get off at the next stop & go the other direction.  I had very little to do but wander around & although Magda (my girlfriend) obviously took the picture (which was doubtless posed) I spent most of my time there during the day alone.  I kinda wish I had done some research beforehand.  It was an amazing experience.

Now I didn't want to talk about Paris too much but I suppose it's on my mind since that's what the show is about.  Tomorrow I'll post some pictures from that trip.  It's hard to believe it was so long ago - & that it happened so recently.

No comments: