Sunday, April 11, 2021

Preface To A Calm Show: The Shit I Find

Here's something I found online: "Oddly Satisfying Video That Calms You Down"

This is the pitch: "Have you ever seen something that makes your skin tingle & for some unknown reason provides you with a sense of unbridled peace & happiness? Gears working in perfect synchronization, a cake frosted with absolute precision, mouth-watering chocolate, balls of fish & marbles rolling so smoothly it hurts. Something that is just...satisfying? Well here's exactly ten solid minutes of that feeling."

Balls of fish?

Have a look, tell me what you think:

(For some reason, I can't embed the video.  You can find it by clicking this sentence.)

Was it in fact oddly satisfying?  Not really.  Was it kind of weird?  Oh yes.

& that's why I'm sharing it.  The "calm down" content wasn't there, but I do appreciate weirdness.  I appreciate taking aim & missing by a mile.  & I appreciate when someone says "balls of fish" like it's not only a thing but that they roll "so smoothly it hurts."

Please enjoy.

No comments: