Sunday, April 25, 2021

Preface To Indiepop A To Z # 65: This Is Taking Forever


There's a picture of my dog Winston, relaxing in the afternoon.  He had a lovely day.  I did not.  Holy hell in a hired hansom my day sucked.  Not in any way that matters or makes any sense outside of, you know, what most people experience.  I spent the day editing this week's Self Help Radio on a tiny little laptop.  I feel very grateful that I can actually record audio & I am grateful I have access to my external hard drives - one at a time, naturally - but my laptop has no USB port & my USB plug-in doesn't have enough power to support a CD drive.  So ripping CDs?  Forget it.

Mostly it's just the editing.  It's a slog.  It's not my favorite thing - & as I've said before, if it weren't for the pandemic, I could just go up & do a show & it wouldn't be a big deal.  But I can't.  & I don't have my wonderful desktop computer.  The one that has accompanied me from Kentucky to Texas to Oregon.  On the trip here - two years ago now - I would carry it out of the car every night & I would use it to write about the journey.  Now my fat fingers can barely pound out a sentence with few errors.  It sucks.

Wah wah.  Hopefully the show will get done.  But the future is uncertain.  If I can't get my computer back & have to buy a new one, it's weeks more of this.  & that would be horrible.

Sleep well, little Winnie.  How smart of you not to have dumb problems like mine.  For fuck's sake.

No comments: