Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Self Help Radio 042721: Indiepop A To Z # 65

(almost all images found at Discogs.)

As I said several times during this week's show, the Indiepop A To Z series was started many years ago - in 2005! - & a couple thousand miles away - in Austin, Texas.  I didn't imagine I would ever really finish it - I had no idea I'd be doing a show called Self Help Radio for as long as I have been.  I haven't been rushing to finish it because I think this is more about the journey than the destination: a chance to explore (albeit with the odd touch of alphabetization) lots of bands I might otherwise not play because the songs might not fit into a theme I might be covering.  At least two of the songs I played tonight are two of my most favorite songs in the world - & one of them I did play a lot on KVRX when it was released, but otherwise I haven't played it on the radio since 2005!

This remains one of the most fun things I do on Self Help Radio - for me.  One listener told me (through text) he took the show shopping with him as it aired.  That was a first!

Listen to the show now either at the KBOO website or at Self Help Radio's website.  It was almost all music, although I did spend some time talking - it being KBOO's Spring Membership Drive - about how you can support the station.  Anyway, what happened it below.  I hope you enjoy!

Self Help Radio Indiepop A To Z # 65
"Red Bus Goes Through Our Days" Pastelshot _Hush, Little Baby_
"I Believe It's Love" Pastis 51 _I Believe It's Love_
"Sydney" The Pastry Heros _Horn Rim Fury EP_

"The Message" Patric _The Message_
"Mi Vida Va Bien" Patrullero Mancuso _Bodegon Musical_
"Kyss Mig Igen" Pats _Nevadaflickan_
"Secrets" Andy Pawlak _Shoebox Full Of Secrets_
"Doo Wah Diddy" Peach Kelli Pop _Peach Kelli Pop_

"Can't Take You Anywhere" Pearl Harbor _Puro Instinct EP_
"Everybody Knows It's A Dream" The Pearlfishers _Ave Marina: Ten Years Of Marina Records_
"Fly" The Pearly Gatecrashers _New Fluffy Delicious_
"Earl Grey Tea" Peatmos _Earl Grey Tea_
"Turn Key One" Pee _I Win Me Over_

"Bathroom Floor" Pee Shy _Don't Get Too Comfortable_
"Smile" Pencil Tin _A Gentle Hand To Guide You Along_
"Zoom" Penelope Trip _Usted Morirá En Su Nave Espacial_
"Nail You Into My Heart" The Penelopes _6661: Beikoku-Ongaku # 13_
"Potboiler" Penelope's Web _Potboiler_

"Bicycle Thief" Penny Arcade _A Girl From Penny Arcade_
"Taj Mahal" Penny Candles _Taj Mahal_
"Time Flies" Peppelkade 14 _Time Flies EP_
"Whatever Happened To Pop Songs" Peppermint Parlour _Whatever Happened To Pop Songs_
"Will You Be Staying After Sunday" Peppermint Rainbow _Will You Be Staying After Sunday_

"Siempre Es Primavera" La Pequeña Suiza _Simpático_
"Desire" Perfect _The Sound Of Leamington Spa Volume 5_
"Don't Let Me Down" The Perfect Circles _Suburban Overtones_
"Bluebell" The Perfect Disaster _Bluebell_
"Amelia" The Perfect Garden _A Place Not Far From Here_

"Blue Year" Perhapst _Perhapst_
"Sunday Matinee" Perils Of Pauline _LemonLime, Vol. 2_
"Sequin In Your Dress" Permafrost _In Harm's Way_
"Charlotte" Permer _Labrador 100: A Complete History Of Popular Music_
"It's All Good" El Perro Del Mar _El Perro Del Mar_
"Always All" Persian Rugs _Always All_

"Agony Aunt" Persil _Duotone_
"The Same Old Situation" Personal Column _The Same Old Situation_
"Her New Candy" The Persuaders _First Date 3P_
"Driving" Peru _Across Blue Skies_
"Tony Hadley" The Peruvian Hipsters _The Sound Of Leamington Spa Volume 8_
"We Surely Become Happy (Demo Version)" Pervenche _6661: Beikoku-Ongaku # 13_

"Too Skinny" Pest 5000 _(In-ter/a-bang/)_
"My Name Is Moto X" Pet Squad _Nice To Beat Home_
"Peine Perdue" Peter Parker Experience _LP, EP's & Bonus_

No comments: