Monday, July 05, 2021

Whither Disaster?

(Image from here.  The article is depressing though.)

What the what?  A radio show about disaster?  What is wrong with Self Help Radio?

Listen, I know there are plenty of disasters going around - the pandemic isn't over yet, that condo collapsed in Florida, wildfires are already burning all over Oregon - & on & on.  But I'm hoping that the show instead focuses on the idea of "disaster" - whether literal or figurative - rather than individual disasters.  Because like I said there are so many of those.

With that in mind, we have a ton of guests tonight.  I weighed them, all together they weigh two thousand pounds.  Not really.  I'll talk to a Hollywood disaster movie producer, to my spiritual mentor (I hope to ask him about how to deal with "spiritual disasters"), & to a writer whose life is a disaster.  As well, our friendly librarian will talk about books about disasters, & our resident cinephile will discuss disaster movies.  & all those songs.  Three hours worth of songs.

That's tonight on Self Help Radio on 90.7 KBOO in Portland & online at kboo.fm from midnight to 3am.  Usually, you know, the show itself is the disaster.  But not tonight!

No comments: