Saturday, September 18, 2021

Dude Motel


This (as is obvious) is the Dude Motel.  It is in a town called Haltom City, which Wikipedia says is "an inner suburb of Fort Worth."  I took this picture three years ago today, which I feel like was a Sunday (but it was a Tuesday), I think taking the scenic route after dropping my wife off at the airport.  But I also might have been looking for ingredients for an Asian recipe, & Haltom City boasted some Asian grocery stores that I wanted to check out.  In any event, I had to take a picture of something called "The Dude Motel" & I was certain that it was closed if not closed-down.  I got out of the car to take a picture & as I was getting back into the car, someone emerged from the front office & said, "You better not be taking pictures of this place!"

Looking at the Google Maps, I see there's a grocery store across the street so maybe that's how I found it.  It seems like an awful little place, & the reviews bear this out.  But!  You can watch a video of the place from 1972 on YouTube.  That's something!

No comments: