Monday, September 27, 2021

Whither Doors?

This is something I just did: I counted the doors in my house.  I counted ten doors, including one garage, one sliding glass, & one pocket.  I did not count any cabinet, appliance, or closet doors.  That would run into the many dozens.  & just realizing how many doors one has in one's life is kind of mind-blowing.

The thing is, there are hardly any songs about cabinet doors or closet doors.  The major doors - the ones that let us in from outside & vice-versa - are the ones musicians sing about - or at least using those doors as metaphors.  & as such those are the doors about which you'll hear in song on tonight's show.

Plus!  I'll talk to a doorman, a next-door neighbor, & a fan of the Doors.  & we'll talk about movies featuring doors as well.  Can I tell you I listened to literally hundreds of songs for this show?  I'm a little doored out, actually.  But.  I'll gather my strength for tonight's show.

Midnight to 3am on 90.7fm KBOO Portland, kboo.fm online.  Don't worry about knocking, just come right in!

No comments: