Saturday, November 13, 2021

Origami/Candy

(image + instructions here)

You don't have to tell me that it went unnoticed that there was not a new episode of Self Help Radio this week.  The show has disappeared without a trace from many radio stations, & will do so again.  Obscurity is always the same kind of punishment, something akin to neglect really.  So I didn't expect anyone to reach out & say, "Hey! Did something happen to that show on Tuesdays?"  No one did.

Still, I can imagine a crazy science fiction alternative reality where at least one person likes the show & kind of misses it, & I'm hoping this blog post falls into a wormhole or something & gets to that person, as the Gary in that reality might have already totally given up.  This blog post is for you!

If you missed this week's Self Help Radio, & were thinking, "I guess I can wait till Monday night but I have time right now to listen to a radio program," might I suggest you listen the show's sibling-program, The Dickenbock Report?  It's a lot like Self Help Radio except there aren't any collaborators & it pretends it's a newscast hosted by Dick Dickenbock.

There were two new episodes in the past two weeks, which are on the Self Help Radio website if you wanna listen to them.  One was for National Candy Day (November 4) & featured nothing but songs entitled "Candy."  The other was for National Origami Day (November 11) & featured songs about origami.  That was a tough one, I kinda hoped someone would have said, wow you found two hours of songs about origami?  But of course no one listens so, you know, there's no one to be impressed by the show.

Anyway, imaginary other-dimensional listener, you can find those shows by clicking the links above, or these here: candy show + origami show.  Remember you'll need a username (SHR) & a password (selfhelp) to listen.  They might be enjoyable if you're the odd person that wished they could have heard Self Help Radio this week but did not.

By the way, I am aware that Self Help Radio covered the theme "candy" way back in 2005.  It was a completely different show, I promise.

One last thing - I also subbed a show on XRAY this past week, you can listen to it over on their website.  If you wanna.

That's all!  New show Monday!  I promise to no one at all!

No comments: