Monday, December 06, 2021

Whither Echoes?

(I found this image somewhere on Tumblr a while ago. Sorry I can't remember where!)

This week's show features songs about echoes although I can't promise it features songs that prominently use echo.  I thought about that - I thought it might be fun - until I discovered that there were so many frickin' songs about echoes.  But it makes sense, right?  Music echoes, voices echo, sounds echo.  We hear & remember echoes.  Echoes are good metaphorical fodder for the usual subject matter of songs.

This is a case where I woefully underestimated the amount of songs that a subject might have.  At some point the idea occurred to me, & I think I thought it might be a bit of a challenge finding songs about echoes versus finding songs with echoes.  A couple hundred songs later, I have to admit I was wrong.  Luckily I believe I found some pretty good tunes!

The show is tonight.  Lots of songs & lots of guests!  Midnight to 3am on 90.7fm KBOO in Portland & online at kboo.fm.  & give me props for not trying to use dumb phony echo effects in my writing here.  It took all my strength to resist doing so.

No comments: