Monday, January 03, 2022

Whither A Handsome Show?

(We submit that this is a handsome chair.)

Just a quick note: it has come to our attention that some people think tonight's Self Help Radio is a hansom show.  It is not.  We have no plans for a show about any kind of carriage in the near future.  Our apologies to fans of that outmoded method of travel.

Yes, tonight's show celebrates handsomeness.  We have some handsome guests, including the publisher of Handsome Man magazine, & we will have songs about being handsome & other handsome things.

It's fair to ask, But Gary, you are a demonstrably un-handsome person in pretty much all the definitions of handsomeness.  To which I respond, that's not what my mother told me when I was in high school.  She told me I was a very handsome young man.  She was almost certainly lying, but that doesn't mean I didn't believe her.  I didn't, & that's all the explanation you're getting for tonight's program.

It's on midnight to 3am on 90.7 fm here in Portland, & online everywhere at kboo.fm.  You don't not need to be handsome to listen to it, although I am told most KBOO listeners are extraordinarily handsome, & as such, that disclaimer was probably unnecessary.

We hope you tune in!

No comments: