Monday, January 10, 2022

Whither Logs?

(Oh, the Log Lady will be there.  Image from here.)

It is a fair question to ask, why a radio show about logs?  Well, I'll tell you.

First off, it's not about living in the Pacific Northwest where there's a thriving logging industry.  No much call for loggers on the desertifying plains of Fort Worth or in the bluegrass region of central Kentucky.  But here, yeah, you see the logging trucks & you have a sense, with all the forests around, there are people making a living cutting down & processing trees.

& that may have been in the back of my mind, but it's not the reason for the show.

Sometime before Christmas, I decided to challenge myself.  I thought, let me pick a theme that's not overly specific that I don't believe I can find three hours' worth of songs for.  & at some point my brain said, "logs."  Surely there aren't that many songs about logs.  I scheduled the show & then I set about looking.

Turns out there are plenty of songs about logs.  Color me surprised!  Perhaps it will surprise you too.

Listen tonight from midnight to 3am on 90.7 fm KBOO Portland & online everywhere at kboo dot fm to be surprised.  Unless you're a smarty-pants who knew all along there were plenty of songs about logs.  & if so, challenge me with some other theme!

No comments: