Monday, March 07, 2022

Whither Harbors?


That picture up there?  I took it at the Sydney Harbor when I visited Australia in late 2010/early 2011.  We were actually taking a boat across the harbor to the Taronga Zoo.  Yes, that's the famous Sydney Harbor Bridge in the background, but I was impressed by the size of the luxury liner there.  Holy shit it was huge.  I don't think I'd ever been so close to something so huge that was literally floating next to me.  I must've taken a dozen pictures of it.  But only this one also included the harbor.

This begs the question why I didn't do a show about harbors in 2011 when I got back.  I don't think I've really been near a harbor any time recently.  So why do a show about harbors now?  I wish I could tell you.  A decision was made some time ago & the reasons are lost in the mists of the recent past.  Which as I get older becomes more misty even as it gets more recent.

Please enjoy however a nautical Self Help Radio tonight (Tuesday morning) on 90.7 fm KBOO Portland & online everywhere at kboo dot fm from midnight to 3am.  Guests & good tunes.  It'll be just like coming into a harbor from a long sea journey.  Or - let's be honest here - probably not.


No comments: