Sunday, April 17, 2022

Preface To Bees: What, Again?


For the purposes of this particular post, I'm going to pretend you pay attention to my shabby radio show.  Because the mythical person who does that might be thinking, "There's going to be a show about bees?  Hasn't there already been a Self Help Radio episode about bees?  & also another later Self Help Radio show about bees?"

That hypothetical perceptive listener is absolutely true.  There was a Self Help Radio episode about bees in 2016.  I wrote about it at the time.  I thought it was a delightful episode which in no way conflicted with my previous show, from 2013, with the theme buzz.

(How bee came after buzz I can't explain.)

But then, when I was doing Self Help Radio on Freeform Portland, I was asked by the fellow whose show followed mine if I might do a show about bees.  I said I had already done one, but for him?  Ah, heck.  I'd revisit it.  I wrote about that after the show.

That deejay, by the way, took a break after that cycle, & then the pandemic hit, & you know the rest of that story.  I haven't seen or spoken to him in over two years!  I hope he's well.

This will mark the first time, I believe, I have explored the same theme three times.  Not counting holidays like Christmas or the more important holiday My Wife's Birthday.

So why do it?  If you pay attention to KBOO, you know the answer.  If you don't, I'll tell you tomorrow.

No comments: