Saturday, May 28, 2022

Fire Escape (Again)


There has been mention on this blog before of fire escapes.  I am fond of/in love with/borderline obsessed with them.  & I've never been on one!  It's so unfair.  Except for the "needing to flee a fire" part.  I haven't done that either, & I'm glad about that.  I just wanna hang out on one on a hot night.  That's all.

Here's a doubtless unsafe fire escape that I took a picture of on this day in 2017.  The Dallas building was at the time abandoned - its Wikipedia page doesn't note its fate.  I believe on the morning of the very last episode of the KNON program I did, in 2019, I met a friend in Deep Ellum for lunch & took some pictures of it being renovated.  Please don't ask me to try to find those.

Nowadays it's not abandoned, & it's not a bank either - it's a hotel.  The Pittman Hotel.  That web page shows how they managed to save some of its design.  It was finished in 2020, & I haven't been in that part of Dallas in a very long time.  & probably won't any time soon.

But I wonder if they saved the fire escape!

No comments: