Friday, August 05, 2022

Fire On My Street

Behold! A page from a neighborhood newspaper called The Bee, which is online here, reported on a fire that happened ON MY STREET it's true, on July 1, over a month ago.  The report in the print version is reproduced above, & my wife told me she couldn't find an online version.  She didn't look around enough, because the web version is here.

When it happened, I was a little hungover & chose to sleep through it all.  I regret it now - but in my defense how could I have known it would be the most exciting thing to happen on my street in years?  I mean, even with the fire engines & ambulances?

At this point, I'd like to focus on the fellow who wrote the article - David F. Ashton.  There is surprising little about him online.  There's a Twitter page - with no content - just this alluring photo:


Holy shit, why don't we know more about this news legend?  I regret missing him as he grilled the fire people & the local folk for his article!

Recently a moving pod thing has appeared in the driveway of the house - the garage is basically a mosaic of boards - the aluminum cans have been removed - maybe redeemed? - so it appears the renters must leave.  It's a shame.  They have a grumpy rottweiler I always wanted to befriend.

But more importantly - can I get David F. Ashton on my show?  Does he search himself on search engines?  Wouldn't that be excellent?

No comments: