Saturday, August 06, 2022

Three Snapshots Of August 6, 2017

Five years ago, I was living in Fort Worth, Texas.  Summers in Texas are brutal.  Possibly on our morning walk, I took this picture, which I titled, "It's Hot."


At some point that day, a ruckus in the backyard (ie, my dog Pauline barking like crazy) alerted me & caused me to come take a look.  I found a possum which I thought might be dead but also, it might be - that thing they do - when they pretend they're dead - I know we call it "playing possum" but I forget what they call it.  Anyway, here's one of them completely fooling Pauline:


Yes, I checked later - it was gone.

Finally, on this very hot day - according to the internets, the high was 99 degrees that day - but weather in Texas was quite volatile - I took this picture from our front window as the sun fell.


It's lucky to have these pictures.  August 6, 2017, was a Sunday & I have no real memories about that day.  These remind me of something at the very least.

No comments: