Monday, August 08, 2022

Whither Attics?


Attics are delightful & creepy. They're mysterious & a bit frightening. I wish I had grown up with an attic to play in. & I wish at some point, like in college, I had lived in an attic that was drafty in the winter & stifling in the summer.  Chatterton died in an attic, you know.

The reason for doing an attic show is because I felt it was time to return to a place - I had enjoyed making the apartment show I did a couple months back - & specifically I wondered - were there lots of songs about attics?  Plus, I had already done a show about basements a couple of years ago.

Are there enough songs about attics to fill a three hour show?  Are there interesting people I can talk to about attics as well?  Is there someone locked in an attic who needs a show about attics right now?  I can't answer the last question, but for the first two, find out tonight from midnight to 3am on 90.7fm in Portland & online everywhere at kboo.fm.  Just watch out for the cobwebs.  & did you hear something squeak?

No comments: