Sunday, August 07, 2022

Preface To Attics: I Once Had An Attic


& it looked like that.

This was when we lived in Huntington, West Virginia, from the summer of 2009 to the summer of 2010.  It was quite a big attic - it was used by the previous owners as a family room - basically it was the third floor of the house - but as you can see, it had a wall unit for air conditioning & as far as I can remember no heating.  Plus, you know, it was the third floor of the house.  I stored my records & CDs up there & it was a fucking pain to climb two flights of stairs to get to them.  & I don't think the wi-fi worked up there either.

Initially, though, it felt kinda cool to have an attic.  I might have liked it more if I had been a kid & it was my room.

One thing, though: I'm glad it was free of bats & spiders & all that.  That might mean it wasn't quite a proper attic, but as probably the only attic I'll ever have in my lifetime, that suits me fine.
 

No comments: