Monday, September 05, 2022

Whither Excitement?

(big promises)

Is it possible that an almost terminally-unexciting program like Self Help Radio could take the theme of excitement & make itself exciting?  Is it?

Or is it more likely that Self Help Radio might pick excitement as a theme but in the show's mostly unexciting way explore it in such a manner than it sucks all the excitement out of excitement?  Is it?

This reminds me of the days before consent when I, as a careful young lad, would ask a girl, before I kissed her, if it were all right if I kissed her.  I didn't collect data at the time, but it seemed like about every other answer wasn't quite "no" but was something like "ugh I can't believe you asked it takes all the romance out of it!"

Luckily that's not a problem anymore for the unexciting young Garys out there but perhaps there remains a group of people who dislike those of us who enjoy taking things apart to see how they work - even when we know we can't put them together again.  & perhaps that's what Self Help Radio's show about excitement will be.

But does that sound exciting?

Please listen & find out tonight on KBOO - that's 90.7fm in Portland & online everywhere at kboo.fm.  It's happening from midnight to 3am.  If it turns out to be three hours of excitement, then, I'm sure you'll be glad you tuned in!

No comments: