Saturday, October 08, 2022

Purposeful Criticism In Highly Reactive Media


My dog Pauline turned ten today.

It affects you not at all.  It affects a radio show not at all.

When I was growing up, I encountered a few people now & then obsessed with "the apocalypse."  Mostly I didn't have conversations with them. I wasn't in their religion & nothing that said seemed to make sense to me.

It seems weird to me that they have long been predicting the end of the world & it seems very likely that in the near future it'll be very hard for humans to live on this planet so it might well be considered the end of the world & these people are like, "No! The end of the world we envision involves bloody things in the sky!"

Mostly I hope Pauline stays alive for a few more years because I love her.  She's very pretty.  She looks like this:


She also likes to meet new people.  It's kind of embarrassing.  It makes me feel she doesn't love me very much, the way she's so emotional with strangers.  Anyway, it doesn't make me love her less.

As you might imagine, I met a Christian obsessed with the apocalypse today.  We didn't see eye-to-eye.

But hey!  Pauline was very sweet to him.

No comments: