Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Self Help Radio 100422: 1970 Revisited - The 20th Anniversary Show!

(all album art from Discogs.)

There it is.  Three more hours of music & fun from 1970 plus me reminiscing about the show as well as the voices of friends of the show past & present.  Who stopped by you might wonder?  Gosh, let me see - Chuck, Chris, Carole, Russ, Allen, Clayton, Denver, Jon, Jerome, & Kevin I believe!

Other than that, the show's about the music.  Lots of music.

& you know I'm fully aware that Self Help Radio is mostly a dumb show but if you ever listened, thank you!  Thank you to the stations that let me play on their airwaves: KOOP, WMUL, WRFL, WLXU, Freeform Portland, & now KBOO!  I probably won't do twenty more years of this but I've had so much fun, I hope at least to keep doing it for a bit longer.

You can listen now & whenever at both the KBOO website or the Self Help Radio website.  At that last one, user SHR as a username & selfhelp as a password please.  The songs I played are below. You'll have to listen for the guest appearances!

Again - thank you for 20 ridiculous years!

Self Help Radio 20th Anniversary Show - 1970 Revisited
"Theme De Yoyo" Art Ensemble Of Chicago _Les Stances À Sophie_

"Across The Universe" The Beatles _Let It Be_
"Parallelograms" Linda Perhacs _Parallelograms_
"Worried Worried" Mayo Thompson _Corky's Debt To His Father_
"Your Key Don't Fit It Anymore" Marie Queenie Lyons _Soul Fever_

"Blue Nile" Alice Coltrane _Ptah, The El Daoud_
"Pressure Drop" The Maytals _Monkey Man_
"Completeness" Minnie Ripperton _Come To My Garden_
"Preciso Urgentemente Encontrar Um Amigo" Mutantes _A Divina Comédia Ou Ando Meio Desligado_

"Exuma, The Obeah Man" Exuma _Exuma_
"My Only Child" Nico _Desertshore_
"Sugar Man" Rodriguez _Cold Fact_
"Greenfield Morning I Pushed An Empty Baby Carriage All Over The City" Yoko Ono _Plastic Ono Band_

"Jones Comin' Down" The Last Poets _The Last Poets_
"Conversation" Joni Mitchell _Ladies Of The Canyon_
"Blistered" Johnny Cash _Hello, I'm Johnny Cash_
"Free Your Mind & Your Ass Will Follow" Funkadelic _Free Your Mind & Your Ass Will Follow_

"I Have Learned To Do Without You" Mavis Staples _Only For The Lonely_
"Willie & Laura Mae Jones" Clarence Carter _Patches_
"Apeman" The Kinks _Lola Versus Powerman & The Moneygoround, Part One_
"Get Me Back On Time, Engine Number Nine (Parts I & II)" Wilson Pickett _In Philadelphia_

"Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)" Melanie _Candles In The Rain_
"My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama" The Mothers Of Invention _Weasels Ripped My Flesh_
"Sunday Coming" Alton Ellis _Sunday Coming_
"The Ghetto" Donny Hathaway _Everything Is Everything_

"I Don't Like You" Bo Diddley _The Black Gladiator_
"Gator Tail" Lee Dorsey _Yes We Can_

No comments: