Friday, October 07, 2022

Films Of 1970/Books Of 1970

(image from the IMDb)

On this past week's show - wherein I not only revisited the theme of my favorite music of 1970 but also celebrated the show's 20th anniversary - you should go listen, it was a lot of fun - at the KBOO website or at the Self Help Radio website - but also our resident cinephile Chuck talked about his favorite films of 1970.  They were, in the order he talked about them:

The Dunwich Horror.
Multiple Maniacs.
Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon.
Joe.
The Projectionist.
& finally, his favorite, Brewster McCloud.

Follow Chuck on Twitter to keep up with what he watches for the show!

Also our favorite librarian Carole stopped by to talk about five of the most significant children's books from 1970.  They were (in the order she discussed them):

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume.
The Trumpet Of The Swan by E.B. White
Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
& Frog & Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel

During the show, someone called & asked me what my favorite movie from 1970 was.  Well!  I keep a poorly-updated list of my favorite movies & the only one from that list from 1970 is M*A*S*H.  I got to see it in the theater a few years ago & find it immaculate.

& no one asked but if I had to say which book from 1970 I enjoyed the most, I'd probably have to be the geek I am & admit it was Ringworld by Larry Niven.  It's a book I've read more than once!

Although I did read the Judy Blume book when I was a kid just to see what the fuss was about, & found it very helpful for understanding girls.  Not that that did me any good!

No comments: