Friday, August 25, 2023

Self Help Radio 082423: Neptune

(original image here)

Yesterday I said there were more songs about the god Neptune than the planet Neptune. So after the shows was done - & not counting the music over which I spoke or the interstitial bits, which were all about the planet - I counted ten (10) about the planet, nine (9) about the god, & two (2) that could be about either. I really wish I could've done an entire show about the planet though. & I could've, if I'd played more instrumentals. But for whatever reason I don't want to do that on Self Help Radio.

The interviews though were skewed heavily in favor of the planet - 3 to 1. I do so adore the planet Neptune. I'm glad I've been alive when we got a chance to take a look at it. & I hope one day we discover that it truly does rain diamonds there.

Anyway, you'll have to settle for a radio show. It's at the Self Help Radio website right now. Use the username SHR & pass the password selfhelp to access. Listed below are all the songs I played & all the things that happened in-between. Hope you enjoy!

Self Help Radio Neptune Show
"Have You Heard The Latest News From Neptune" Sun Ra & His Arkestra _In The Orbit Of Ra_

introduction & definitions

"Gloire À Toi Neptune!" Tri Yann _Abysses_
"Neptune" Ian Brown _Golden Greats_
"Neptune" Glenn Tilbrook _Transatlantic Ping Pong_
"The Neptune Freeze (feat Fred Schneider)" Ursula 1000 _Esoterique_

interview with the god Neptune (!)

"Neptune" Barry McGuire _Barry McGuire & Featuring Members Of The New Christy Minstrels_
"Father Neptune" Anna & Elizabeth _Anna & Elizabeth_
"Neptune" Terrible Sons _Half Awake, Half Asleep_
"Neptune's World" Strapping Fieldhands _Gobs On The Midway: Singles 1991-1995_

interview with Paul Norton, who says he's visited Neptune

"Neptune Sun" The Ghost Ease _Raw_
"Neptune" Higher Authorities _Neptune_
"Diamonds On Neptune" Old 97's _Twelfth_
"Nervous On Neptune" The Aqua Velvets _Nomad_

interview with Queen Neptunia of Neptune (!!)

"Neptune's Daughter" The Divine Comedy _Promenade_
"Neptune's Daughter" Bert Jansch _Crimson Moon_
"Neptune's Daughter" Dennis Driscoll _Voices In The Fog_
"Neptune's Daughter" Luminescent Orchestrii _Neptune's Daughter_

interview with astronomer Peter Nance

"Kidnapped By Neptune" Scout Niblett _Kidnapped By Neptune_
"Neptune City" Nicole Atkins _Neptune City_
"Neptune Song" Ghost Camp _Great Lakes_

conclusion & goodbye

"Neptune" Motorbass _Pansoul_
"Peace On Neptune" UFOm _Aliens Are Real_

No comments: