Thursday, August 03, 2023

Whither Tongues?

(Gross! Image from here.)

My wife, who is an anatomist & anthropologist, studies tongues. Did she contribute anything to the show? Not directly - but I did spend a lot of time talking to her about tongues this week.

& yes, there's a Self Help Radio episode about taste - from almost twenty years ago! - but you didn't listen to that & I have no memory doing it. Besides, just because you're doing a radio show about taste doesn't mean you get to be tongue-tied, speak in tongues, try out some tongue twisters, or any of the other things that I meant to write but are on the tip of my tongue.

How many anatomical facial structures have I done shows about? Surprisingly few - no shows about eyes, ears, nose, or mouth. Maybe this week's show demonstrates a commitment to explore more of the face - shows about cheeks, chins, & forehead can't be far behind. (I have done shows about lips & teeth tho.) I mean for Pete's sake why not a show about mustaches already?!? I have no excuse.

Please listen to Freeform Portland today from noon to 2pm for a show about the tongue. It's on 90.3+98.3fm in Portland & online at freeform portland dot org. Lots of music, maybe even some fun. No tongues held or curbed here!

No comments: