Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Three Memories Of September 19

Looking through my old pictures, I discovered that September 19 appears to be a day when, at least in three of the past nine years, I've done something. Like, on this day in 2014, I went to Cincinnati to watch dachshunds race:


It was for Oktoberfest. I had the most fun walking around downtown Cincinnati taking pictures.

Or a year later - my dog Pauline got skunked right before we traveled to Fort Wayne, Indiana:


She's getting a bath here.

It's a little embarrassing now to mention why we went to Fort Wayne - we went to see Bill Maher - a person who's now so obviously odious that it's a wonder it took me so long to notice - but I do remember that he had no opener, he did about forty-five minutes, & at times he was so very unfunny that he fell back on his schtick of pretending that we were too sensitive for his bad jokes. As we left, we saw this guy:


& I remember thinking it would probably have been more fun to watch him instead of Maher.

(We brought the dogs & got lucky because the hotel had windows we could open - Pauline was still very skunky.)

Three years ago on this date, we didn't go anywhere -  it was the height of the pandemic - but I did notice two things happening in our neighborhood:


One neighbor was celebrating breakfast day - we weren't invited.


& Jill was having her bridal shower outside. It was a lovely day & Jill seemed fine. They said hello to the dogs.

On this September 19, I made food & two friends came over. One of them brought wine from their mother's vineyard - it was very sweet & very strong. I don't think I took any pictures though.

No comments: