Tuesday, November 07, 2023

How To Listen To The 1968 Project

(a Melody Maker page from 1968, from here)

Yesterday I promised you that I'd point you to where you can listen to the six installments (so far) of the 1968 Project. If you don't know what that is, read the previous post on this blog. If you don't care, you're in good company - most listeners don't.

The first three episodes were done as sub shows in late-night timeslots on KBOO, & as such, they were not archived on the station's website. You can listen to them on the Self Help Radio web site, however, but you'll need to make sure you use a username/password combo to listen. Those are SHR/selfhelp. Here are the links:

Part I (November 1, 2022)
Part II (November 15, 2022)
Part III (December 27, 2022)

When Self Help Radio moved from KBOO back to Freeform Portland in the spring, I suddenly had three hours in which I could do & play anything. Sometime in the summer I thought I should return to the 1968 Project. & so I have. Here are the other three shows archived on the KBOO website:

Part IV (July 25, 2023)
Part V (September 19, 2023)
Part VI (November 7, 2023)

These shows (except the last one) are on the Self Help Radio website as well. (I'll put the most recent one up on Friday). You can find them by scrolling on the front page of the website. I don't want to link them here because come January those links will be incorrect & I won't remember to come back & update them.

One thing is true: I find this fun to do. So let me go now listen to some more records from 1968 & maybe I can do one more of these before the year ends.

No comments: