Thursday, November 09, 2023

Whither Hazel?

(Pantone 17-1143 - Hazel)

It was just time for another color. In fact I can't remember the last time I explored a color on Self Help Radio. Why, I think it might have been turquoise! It did indeed seem like it was time.

Colors are pretty easy themes, especially the primary & tertiary ones - of which I think I have only explored green, & that was something of a nightmare - too many songs! - so naturally I gravitate to the ones that might take a little more work to explore. But why hazel? It can't be because I have hazel eyes, can it? (Or do I? See the previous post.) No, it was just happenstance.

At some point in the past, not the dim past, but let's say sometime in the summer, I was working on a graphic for something & I noticed a color that struck my attention. I didn't think it was beige, but I thought it might look like darkened amber. A quick search discovered that it was close to hazel. & although I have been told I have hazel eyes most of my life, I don't think I ever really knew what that color looked like.

Usually when my brain has to travel some kind of circuitous path to figuring something out, it will say to me, "Maybe that will make a good radio show theme." & so I made a note of it.

& now that theme is today's theme on Self Help Radio. Which you can listen to today from noon to 2pm on Freeform Portland - 90.3+98.3fm in town & online at freeform portland dot org.

Hazel's also a name too so tell anyone you know named Hazel there's a show about them!

No comments: