Friday, November 03, 2023

Self Help Radio 110223: Rumble


Do you hear that rumble? Might there be a rumble? Rumbling promises more rumbling! & certainly there was two hours of rumbling on Self Help Radio this week.

In case you do listen to this show - I know you didn't listen when it aired - I do feel like I should let you know it's a fundraiser show - every time I talk, I ask for financial help for the station. I am in a strange position because I've been at so many radio stations, nearly all my friends are in radio. & I feel awkward asking them for support when they do the same at their stations. So I hope someone who might listen, who might appreciate the shows I do or at the very least the kindness of the station that airs them, I hope they might feel moved to make a donation. If that is you, reading this, go to the Freeform Portland donation page. & again, if you listen to the show, there's a lot of this kind of hat-in-hand talk on the show.

Meanwhile! The show itself is now at the Self Help Radio web page. Please use the username SHR & the password selfhelp to access. Everything that's on the show - minus all the donation talk & the silly spots I made for the fund drive - is listed below.

Thank you for listening & thank you for your support.

Self Help Radio Rumble Show
"Rumble" Link Wray & His Ray Men _The Link Wray Collection 1956-62_
"Rumble, Rumble, Rumble" Betty Hutton _American Songbook Series: Frank Loesser_
"Rumble Chillen" Albert Williams _The Sun Blues Box_

introduction & definitions

"Rumble Boogie" Don Cherry _The Don Cherry Singles Collection_
"The Rumble Drum" Marais & Miranda with the Pardo Ancient Instrument Ensemble _Ballads Of Long Ago_
"Rumblin' Tumblin' Baby" The Emeralds _Condition Your Heart_

interview with nutritionist Dr. Dale Newton

"Rumble In The Jungle" Don Covay _Hot Blood_
"King Of The Rumbling Spires" Tyrannosaurus Rex _The Definitive_
"Rowche Rumble" The Fall _Dragnet_

interview with geologist Dr. Dean Neighbors

"Rumble At Joe's" Sue Evans _Rumble At Joe's_
"Rumble On Mersey Square South" Wimple Winch _The Wimple Winch Story: 1963-1968_
"Rumble With The Gang Debs" Tullycraft _Disenchanted Hearts Unite_

Sir Archibald Von Poesy reads a poem live!

"Get 'Em In A Rumble Seat" Harry Reser's Six Jumping Jacks _Volume Two_
"Rumble Seat" Bobtown _A History Of Ghosts_
"Rumbletrain" The Mighty Lemon Drops _Laughter_

interview with fight enthusiast Dick Neff

"A Rumbling In The Land" Julie Felix _The Second Album_
"Rumble" Robin & Linda Williams _In The Company Of Strangers_
"Rumblin'" Neil Young _Le Noise_

conclusion & goodbye

"Rumble" You Am I _You Am I's #4 Record_
"Rumbler" Black Lips _Sing In A World That's Falling Apart_
"Rumbling Joker" Robert Pollard _Waved Out_
"The Rumble" Original Broadway Cast _West Side Story (1957 Orginal Broadway Cast Recording)_
"Trucker's Rumble" Deadbolt _Voodoo Trucker_

No comments: