Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Oh Deer


Bad weather's coming. Or it's already here.

Winter storm: Tornadoes, flooding rain threaten east coast, says an ABC News headline.

Currently those living in higher elevations in the Portland area have a Winter Weather Advisory in effect. & the predictions are that it will snow on Friday.

My wife does not like me driving on icy roads so I'll probably have to record the Dickenbock Report this week. That's a bummer. It does look like I'll be able to do Self Help Radio live at the FFP studios. But boy it's going to get cold.

When the weather is weird I think about phone calls to my mom. No matter how far away I lived - nearly nine hundred miles away in Kentucky, or the two thousand miles away I live now from where she was, she'd always assume the weather would be the same - or mostly the same.

My mother was German. I wonder if she did the same with German weather. Or what if I had moved to Australia?

As I listen to songs about hitchhiking tonight, I am nervously watching the weather. Recording a show is a pain. It would be best if I could do it live.

Picture of the deer in someone's yard from long ago in Lexington, Kentucky. It looks like it might have once been animatronic, doesn't it? So weird.

No comments: