Monday, May 20, 2024

Whither Eagles?

(Image by Goggla, found here)

Why wouldn't one do a radio show about eagles? Who asks that sort of question in America? (Maybe I shoulda waited to do this show in July...)

It's at this point I remind you that one of my dumb rules about Self Help Radio is that the theme relates to songs not bands. So unless The Eagles wrote a song about eagles, you won't hear the Eagles on this show. But also I confess I am not a fan of the Eagles so even if the Eagles wrote a song about eagles you probably wouldn't hear a song by the Eagles on the show.

Why do a show about eagles in May? Seriously, I only just realized I should've waited. But a while back when I was looking at some children's videos on the Youtube about some other theme, the algorithm took me to a video called something like "Ten Interesting Facts About The Bald Eagle." I didn't make it past the animation or the pleas to like & subscribe but it did make me wonder whether there were enough eagle songs I liked to make a radio show about eagles.

Turns out there were & that show is happening tonight! Midnight to 2am. On 90.7fm in Portland & online everywhere at kboo dot fm.

Listen if you love America! & remember: the NSA is listening so they'll know when you're not listening.

No comments: