Friday, June 28, 2024

This Week In Self Help (June 23 25 + 26 2024)

(Pete is done for the night)

Another busy week making radio almost literally no one listens to! Let's start on Sunday!

The Dickenbock Report had a show for National Typewriter Day. Lots of songs with lots of typewriter sounds. Here is it on the XRAY page. You can also listen to it (& download it) on the Self Help Radio home page by clicking here. Use the username/password SHR/selfhelp to access - anything from the SHR website will need those, but I think only once per session.

Self Help Radio has a show about mangos. You can listen to that show by clicking here. Sadly, the KBOO website is still being wonky so you'll have to listen to it on the SHR page. I thought it was a fun show, & I can say with all honestly that I very much loved finding mango songs - & typewriter songs too!

Corporate Standardized Programming had another show featuring artists we've lost. Listen to that show by clicking here. It's a cheery one. I confess to liking the song "Ramblin' Man," tho, so it's got something for everyone. What?

Finally, I subbed Dr. Zomb's Stereo Obscura on Wednesday. I have not put that show's playlist on the Self Help Radio website yet - I like Self Help Radio episodes to be at the top & so I'll put the playlist up next Tuesday. But if you wanna see the playlist anyway, you will find it at the Spinitron site. & if you'd like to listen, I have uploaded it the SHR website & you can click here to hear.

& that's how I made six hours of radio this past week. Or not how. It's the six hours I made. "How" is "shabbily."

No comments: