Sunday, August 11, 2024

Preface To Chaos: Another Failed Attempt At A Regular Feature

(all images from the IMDb)

No, this isn't a preview of our resident cinephile Chuck coming on the show this week to talk about films involving this week's theme, chaos. Chuck previews his films over on his Twitter account, but he doesn't preview them on this blog ever. Also, I'm way too literal. Chuck will watch a film for a show about, I don't know, racecars & there'll be one scene in the movie that has a racecar in a pile of kids' toys, but he won't review "Racecar Story" because it wasn't tagged with "racecar" on the IMDb even though it's obviously about racecars. Not that I'm complaining! Except about me!

What I'm pointing out is that a couple of weeks ago, I recommended a movie based on the week's theme. I thought, hey, maybe I can do that this week. So I looked for films with chaos in the title. The pictures above were the first six I found on the IMDb. It's not that I've never seen any of these movies - I haven't - it's also that I've never even heard of any of them.

So. It seems. I'm not going to be recommending a film this week. Or in this space in the future. Because. I'm bad at it. Like, really really bad at it.

No comments: