Monday, September 16, 2024

Whither Howard Gently Year Three, Continued?


That picture above was taken in Chicago in 2018. I probably sent it to Russell. It was always funny to see his name on signs & things like that. Nowadays I feel like I see his name more often - & can't send him the pictures I take anymore.

My friend Russell died last year. We had known each other since childhood. Or at least early adolescence. He improvised funny interviews on my show for many years. & to pay tribute to him, every few months I share some more of those interviews. I am playing them in alphabetical order. I will play bits from his third year appearing as my spiritual mentor The Rev Dr Howard Gently.

That's tonight, midnight to 2am, on 90.7fm in town, kboo dot fm everywhere. As he might have said in excitement knowing I was devoting another radio show entirely to him, ji-ki-bo-sho-to!

No comments: