Monday, September 21, 2026

Whither Masterpiece?

A cartoon painter stands under an abstract painting.
(image found here)

At the risk of being boring (I know, too late!), I remind you that most of the ideas for themes for Self Help Radio come because I am always listening to music. Different kinds of music. Sometimes I want to relisten to something I haven't heard for a while. Sometimes something I read or see online sends me down a rabbit hole. This show starts with this album:

The album cover of the Temptations record Masterpiece.
(image found at Discogs)

The album Masterpiece by The Temptations. I don't think I had listened to it all the way through before. & I thought as I listened to the almost fourteen-minute-long (!) title track, "Might there be lots of songs called or using the word 'masterpiece'?"

The answer to that is tonight's show. & yeah, I'll play that Temptations song in its entirety.

One this is sure tho - the show won't be a masterpiece. It'll just be another episode of Self Help Radio. Happening at midnight tonight on 90.7fm in town, kboo dot fm everywhere.

No comments: