Friday, September 19, 2008

As Promised, Heartbeats & Funk

The weekend is here. My dog Ringo turns six, my mother turns 79. September turns its head & coughs. & two things are happening this weekend that concern you which you cannot & surely shall not miss.

First, this month's Self Help Radio Extra is a premium blend of what scientists call "funky soul." I found myself listening to some slightly obscure funk earlier this month & it led me to some other places, & this mix is a result of my exploration. Please enjoy. The playlist is on the page.

Second, this week's Self Help Radio will take the focus away from your broken mind to discussing & playing songs about heartbeats. I'll have the show ready for the doctor to see tomorrow afternoon exclusively at selfhelpradio.net. You know all about it.

Have a safe weekend. & remember, bringing Self Help Radio along might not make your weekend safer, but at least you'll know you were enjoying something before a random doom descends upon you. As it always seems to do on a Sunday afternoon. Why is that?

No comments: