Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Love Me, Love My Robot

It's that time of year again, when I play the stuff I've listened to & liked most this year - in the electronica genre, this week. I know, I keep saying this, but I want to hammer it home that don't think this is a "best of" - I'm not qualified enough to say that & I assume I've missed a lot of good releases this year - so take this collection as simply what I enjoyed best & realize that in three weeks &/or three months I'll discover something very great that I didn't know about at this time. Until every artist in the world sends me all their stuff on a regular basis, that's how it's going to be.

The show is now available for your audial consumption at self help radio dot net. I am not allowed to give away my "home made" CDs like I usually do (it's against station policy on WRFL), so instead I share some mp3s (without my airbreaks or any radio show trappings) for a couple of weeks in a zip file at this link here. It includes a lot more music - 25 songs - than I could play on a ninety minute show. Here is a list of the bands/musicians featured: Bruce Haack, The Books, Gold Panda, Four Tet, Nils Frahm & Anne Müller, Brian Eno, Oval, Flying Lotus, Mount Kimbie, Pantha Du Prince, To Rococo Rot, ISAN, Mrs Jynx, Arandel, Boy Is Fiction, Röyksopp, Faux Pas, The Flashbulb, Autechre, Baths, Grasscut, Deru, Caribou, Bonobo, & Emeralds.

Enjoy!

No comments: