Sunday, May 01, 2011

Preference To Bounce: Kinky Tonight!

Is it truly a regional thing, or is legendary singer/songwriter/book writer/gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman seriously unknown in this part of the world? I've asked a few of the kids at the radio station, but really no one appears to have heard of him, which is such a shame.

Fooey on them! Tonight the wife & I will be traveling to "Cin City" (which is totally what they should call Cincinnati, but which they instead tend to call "the Queen City") (bo-ring!) to the lovely Southgate House, which is actually in Newport, Kentucky, across the river, to see the Kinkster in all his glory. I saw him last with my buddy CJ Buchanan some time in the late 90s, & he was about the same as the first time I saw him. Actually, remarkably the same. His act does not literally get old.

I hope she likes him. I adore him. Now I must check to see whether the farmer's market will open today despite the rain!

No comments: