Friday, November 29, 2013

Whither Magda's Birthday Show 2013?

I am contractually obligated by a deal I made before my marriage with my wife's lawyer to celebrate my wife's birthday on the air every year on the closest date to the actual birthday date (December 1).  That means that it's today.

Not very fun fact: if I am not currently doing a radio show, I am encouraged to break into a radio station, hold everyone hostage, & do a radio show for my wife.  Clear Channel is still mad at me for 2008.  I fled the jurisdiction.

In any event, it's been seven years that I've been doing this (which is weird, we've only been married for five) & seriously, I am running out of birthday songs.  I managed to scrape a good show together this year, but I worry about next year.

I know what you're thinking - divorce her.  But no, I'd have to continue doing it.  It's in the pre-nup.

But it's good for anyone who has a birthday - that might be you!  Do listen, from 10 to midnight on 88.1 fm WRFL in Lexington, or online at the WRFL website.  & if I don't mention it again - happy birthday to you!

No comments: