Friday, April 24, 2015

Self Help Radio 041415: Indiepop A To Z # 47

Kahimi Karie, Las Kellies, Kenickie

The next-to-the-last Self Help Radio on WRFL was… nothing special.  It was a regularly scheduled indiepop a to z episode that managed to cover Kar - Kind.  I don't even think I'll finish the letter K the next time I do this.  It was a lot of good music, though!

I've left a lot of radio stations, & each time I do, I do it with as little fanfare as possible.  My time had ended at KVRX in the summer of 1999, & my last show was nothing special.  For KOOP, I did do a Season Finale, which you can still listen to, & of which I am a little proud.  (It was kind of the precursor to the fake interviews I do these days.)  I realized my time was up at WMUL back in 2010, right before we moved to Lexington, & didn't think anyone listened to me, so I didn't make a big deal out of it.  But next week - well, I hope to say goodbye to WRFL & Lexington in style.

But the penultimate episode?  I put as little effort into it as possible.

Kidding!

The show is now available for listening any time at the Self Help Radio website.  Pay attention to username/password information please.  The songs I played are below.

Please enjoy! Thanks for listening!

(part one)

"Gregorian Spring" Karibean _Love, Tears, & Spiritual Blessing_
"Vogue Bambini" Kahimi Karie _I Am A Kitten: Kahimi Karie Sings Momus In Paris_
"Mon Coeur Balance" Katerine _Mon Coeur Balance_

"Little Sister" Katie Goes To Tokyo _My Naked Heart_
"Kate" Katie Smokers Wedding Party _Kate_
"What Color Are You?" Katie The Pest _Homemade Hits, Vol. 1_
"Gifted" Katrina & V Twin _Rough Trade Shops: Indiepop, Vol. 1_
"Miss Misery" Katydids _Katydids_

"Happy People, Scary Planet" Kawaii _If It Shines, We Have It_
"Looking Up" The Keatons _The Beige Album_
"Sea Wave" Keen On Girls _Between Two Waves - The Second Wave_
"Flamingo" Kellarissa _Flamingo_
"Hit If Off" Las Kellies _Las Kellies_

"Head Full Of Steam" Dan Kelly _Write Your Adventures Down: A Tribute To The Go-Betweens_
"Down Fall Down" Kennedy _Neurotica EP_

(part two)

"Fizz Pop" The Kennedy Pill _Knowing Where It All Leeds_
"In Your Car" Kenickie _At The Club_
"Nothing At All" The Kensingtons _Hope Corner Lane EP_

"Away From Home" Klark Kent _Music Madness From The Kinetic Kid_
"Ya Ya Ya" Kester & The Kitchenettes _Yay 4 Cuteness_
"You Still Make Me Smile" Dan Kibler _Capsule_
"New Day, Fresh Start" Kicker _Our Wild Mercury Years_
"Lucky" Kicking Giant _Julep: Another Yoyo Studio Compilation_

"New Year's Day" Kickstand _Pop American Style_
"Pillows & Blankets" Kid Auto Races At Venice _Summer Escape_
"The Cradle Born" Kid Sinister _The Sound Of Leamington Spa, Vol. 5_
"It's In My Blood" Kids On A Crime Spree _We Love You So Bad_

"Hooligans On E" Kill City _Hooligans On E_
"What Comes After" The Kill Devil Hills _What Comes After_
"Tyme Machine" Kincaid _Plays Super Hawaii_
"Disdain" Kind _Split 7" with The Cudgels & The Dufflecoats_

No comments: