Monday, August 19, 2019

It Figures

Tomorrow I have my first show on XRAY FM & today I woke up with a sore throat.

This doesn't mean I won't do the show, but it does mean I spent most of the day sucking cough drops & feeling like something worse was just around the corner.  So far, so good.

The wife had a sore throat last week & I refused to stop kissing her.  Today she blamed my sickness on the fact that she eats from the serving spoons when she's making our dinner plates.  This may need some explanation:

The one who cooks around here is me.  When everything is ready, the wife takes over & "makes our plates," which means she puts the food I've prepared on plates (& in tupperware for the leftovers).  She does this ostensibly because she wants to control our portion sizes & because she makes it look prettier than I could but her ulterior motive is to eat more of the food when she's putting it onto the plates.  For example, if I've made some kind of sandwich spread, she'll put it on the bread but take bites in-between.

It may surprise you that I know all this & haven't put a stop to it, but it makes her happy.  We always make too much food.  "The art of cooking for two is lost on me & you," as the poet says.

What I find amusing is that she thinks this particular thing is what has caused me to get something close to the same illness she had.  Not, you know, the kissing, or the fact that we live together & spend as much of the day as we can together.  Nope!  It's her "cheating" when she is putting our dinner together.

Okay, going to sleep early tonight.  Did you know tomorrow is National Radio Day?  What a fortuitous time for me to do my first XRAY show!

No comments: