Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Still Quite Ill & In No Way Presentable

The neighbors are having a neighborhood gathering (well, it's basically just four houses) & have invited us over.  The wife is at work & I have been dozing in bed, decongestants in my system, my weird dreams nowhere near as interesting as they were last night when I had a fever.

This occurred to me sometime this morning: it's interesting that we don't do things to induce fevers because the thoughts & hallucinations I have when my temperature is up seem as provocative & strange as the least of my experiences with psychedelics, so many moons ago.  In that sense, I kind of anticipate fevers in a hungry way, although of course I know they're much, much more dangerous than acid or mushrooms.  & oh look, I've answered my own question.

There was no way I could sit in front of the computer today so I guess I'm going to cancel this week's show.  It's for the best - I can spend more time on my first on-air show in forever (!) & also on my last podcast, which is the indiepop a to z series.

Gosh, I need to go back to sleep right now.

No comments: