Thursday, August 22, 2019

Yeah, This Week Wouldn't Have Worked

This morning I ventured outside for the first time in over a day to walk the dogs.  I got a little woozy but made it through.  My voice sounds like me making fun of Ned Dry.

Here's the thing: my wife had this all last week, & she went to work & taught people.  I need to go conduct a training session at Freeform Portland tonight & I don't know if I'm going to be able to make the drive.

Last week's Last Week Tonight talked about bias in medicine, & although I don't recall if they covered this - but I have always assumed that when it comes to pain, woman are just stronger than men.  It might just be me, but I am waylaid by the smallest discomfort.

& when I feel a cold coming on, I know the best thing to do is take some medication & try to sleep it off.  Except this week I really, really wanted to do a show on XRAY.  & I really, really wanted to do training.  So I settled for scuttling Self Help Radio & spending Wednesday in a haze.

It's all for the best - my show is shabby enough as it is.  I need to go try not to infect new deejays as I train them & then I hope to sleep twelve hours tonight.

No comments: